Grand Valley Trail Black Walnut Hike 5

Finished the Black Walnut Section 
Glen Morris to Woolwich-Pilkington Townline 75km!

I did it! I hiked the last section May 12, 2021 with my friend Genevieve.  We only had 10 km to hike to the end of the Black Walnut section and the start of the Pinnacle Section but it took awhile since we stopped to enjoy the views and she takes her time with photos as compared to me who just shoots quickly and hopes for the best.  There's this one photo of me that I took real quick after I took a photo of her hiking in front of me that pretty much captures the happiness I feel when I'm hiking in the forest.  I feel joy and elation and AWE so deeply - sometimes I wonder if that's because I'm in the feelings triad on the enneagram but regardless, I just feel so LUCKY to be alive when I'm walking through nature.

This last section of the hike followed Middlebrook Rd from West Montrose for a few kilometers, probably 7 or so but unlike the Sawmill Rd section the GVTA has been able to get access to a lot of private property that follows the river it didn't seem like I was on the road as much.  It was so nice to be walking on farms next to the river.  The people who get to live there sure are lucky and I'm lucky that they let me walk on their property!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next.  If I'll start working on another section.  I feel bad asking for a ride so I don't have to do out and backs so maybe I'll start doing 7k out and backs. 







Comments