Hespeler Mill Pond to Riverside Park on the Speed 6.72km

 

Paddled another section of the Speed River on Saturday June 12.  We put in at Hespeler Mill Pond, paddled across and portaged around the dam.  The lady who runs the rental business thought we were nuts (for the portage bit and then for just attempting to do the Speed when it's so low).  We thought it was fine though and had a great time.  I only got out once in the 6.72 km paddle to Riverside and I don't think Tim got out at all.  It took us an hour and a half.  We would have gone all the way to Riverbluffs if we had known how easy it was going to be.

I had a great day - Smaller groups feel easier for me than the big groups.  The dams were really cool. Seeing the muskrat swimming around us at the end at Riverside near the dam was really neat.  He popped up right beside me with a mouth full of plants from the pond and then swam over to a little hole in a tree on the shore.  



Comments