Tim's 2nd week off in JUNE

So much catching up to do!  

Monday we paddled downtown Galt with Genevieve and Jonathan and Niamh babysat the kids.  There are lots of photos on Facebook. That took about an hour to paddle up to La Franks and then back.  I dumped for the first time!  It was kinda funny.

Tuesday we went to Mount Nemo, the weather was perfect.  We hiked about 4km and it took 1:46.  Note to self... Go LEFT.

Wednesday we went to Rockwood and hiked up to the caves and then kayaked for the afternoon.  It was beautiful.  

Thursday we spent the day in Elora with Denielle and the kids.  It was beautiful down in the gorge but going to the conservation area was kinda lame.  I'd love to go back and just hang out down in the river in the town.  It was fun. The Gorge hike at Elora Gorge Conservation Area was 7.26km and it took us 3:19. It would have taken way longer if we had let the kids stop and play more but I wanted to be done.  It was not enjoyable for me because we were beside a fence the whole time.  I understand the need for the fence but it kind of ruined the beauty of it all for me.  

Friday and Saturday we had a little bit of downtime and hung out at home.

Sunday we paddled with Fabia and the kids from Kelehers on the Speed River to Riverbluffs. That was a 7.18km paddle according to Tim's tracker and it took us 1:51 minutes.  

I have great photos of it all. Maybe I'll do a GIF thingie like I did for the other post OR I could figure out how to put a google photos link in here!

Comments